We receive 5x as much information today as we did in 1986. That’s why people love infographics. Want to know more facts, read on and click here to view the infographic in paralax here.
– The use of visual information has increased 400% in literature since 1990, 9900% on the internet since 2007 and 142% in newspapers between 1985 & 1994.
– Almost 50% of your brain is involved in visual processing
– 70% of all your sensory receptors are in your eyes
– In 0:01 seconds we can get the sense of a visual scene
– Researchers found that colour visuals increase the willingness to read by 80%
– A study conducted at the Wharton School of Business found 50% of the audience were persuaded by a purely verbal presentation however 67% of the audience were persuaded by the verbal presentation that had accompanying visuals.